April 28, 2008

Je suis naive!

I hate to admit, but the past couple days have included many firsts for me:
1) the corporate card... I obviously used it to book my flight to "hot-lanta" but, at 6:30 am yesterday morning, the blueberry muffin and iced tea that Starbucks and I shared together was the first of my expensing experiences. I know it sounds weird, seeing as how I worked in the corporate card industry for 6 years.. maybe it is that I knew what most companies allowed (and thoroughly did NOT allow) their employees (probably ex-employees, now) to expense.
2) my first solo rental car.. sure, I've been in a rental and driven a rental, but for some reason, signing for and driving a rental car in an unfamiliar city all by myself was somewhat liberating. Instead of sitting in traffic wondering what on Earth to do with my time, I enjoyed the 30 minute construction delay to my hotel (already 45 mins away) and the different culture around me.
3) I enjoyed my first amateur poetry reading at a coffee shop in Decatur... very interesting. If you'd like details, I'll be happy to "spread my wings" and share.
4) I rocked my training class -- At first I was pretty nervous to have to live up to the agenda I had set for myself. I am cramming a 3 week training into 2.5 days for 6 people who are expected to be on track by Friday. Pressure? nah... They're smart, and having a kickass trainer can't hurt either, right :-)


Anyway, it has been a pretty good past 40 hours. I am going to get some East-Coast sleep now...

No comments: